Wasting no time we dived straight into the material:
- Over and under control defensive pummelling
- Offensive pummel to standing guillotine
- Offensive pummel to pulling guard
- Vale tudo guard to triangle
- Posture & arm slip counter to triangle
- Double under hooks counter to triangle
After several rounds of Sparring and Guard isolation Drills. It was a huge honour to promote Joe and Graham to Blue Belts. Aberystwyths first. It has been a 2 1/2 year journey for them with all the sacrifices involved. There is no promotion without the three A's, Attitude, Attendance and Ability. All boxes have been ticked. Welcome brothers!
Our lunctime Seminar was at the home of Westcoast BJJ in Llanfarian. Again 20+ on the mats. Awesome to see Dartford's Danny Suman make the long journey up to assist with the Teaching! The material covered was as follows:
- Rear breakfall vs chest push
- Stand-up in base
- Defensive/Offensive Pisao to clinch
- Leg hook takedown to mount
- Punch and take back to RNC
- Wristlock takedown vs rear grab to standing arm bar
We finished of with a Q&A session answering technical queries and discussed the Gracie Jiu Jitsu philosophy and self defence mind set.
Many thanks to: all the Students, Wayne an Simon for covering my Classes back in Ilford & Dartford, www.grapplersdelight.com for the Shoyoroll Gi
Cya on the Mats!